Arms from the elbow down and legs from knee down are cold and numb and dropping things. Cause?

Spine Surgeon
Question
for over 6 months now my arms from the elbow down, and my legs from the knee down are freezing cold. also they go completely numb sometimes when im walking ill just trip and fall from it. i constantly am dropping things sometimes without even realizing it.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
these are neurological symptoms and indicating a serious issue. I would suggest to consult a neurologist and get a thorough exam. Common reasons are cervical spine or brain related disorder.
Is there any significant medical history? whats your age? need to assess your cognitive functions as well. Is there any trouble in passing urine? imbalance while walking? any trouble with vision? tend to forget the things? Please upload if any investigations done? Please get back with above information.

Follow-up: Arms from the elbow down and legs from knee down are cold and numb and dropping things. Cause? 1 hour later
im 24 yeear old female. i was diagnosed with slight scoliosis a year ago. im having trouble passing bowls at the moment and have been very fatigued along with severe headaches in the morning that slowly go away throughout the day. my vision has gotten slightly worse and i have pressure behind my left eye, as well as twitching in the eyelid. also every couple days it seems, my eyelid and surrounding area swell as if retaining water??

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be related to brain

Detailed Answer:
Slight scoliosis will not cause such issues. I think its not related to the the spine. I would suggest to consult a neurologist to rule out brain issues. Sometimes vitamin deficiency can cause similar problem. You may need to get few blood investigations as well. Thanks.

Follow-up: Arms from the elbow down and legs from knee down are cold and numb and dropping things. Cause? 4 hours later
is it only nuerological? im nervous about this but dont want to spend a bunch of money going to a specialist with no insurence if it could be something else. also sonetimes i forget words and cant think of them to save my life or peoples names...i dont know if this is related. and you didnt say anything about the hard lumps on the back of my head. there are about 7 of them in all different sizes

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
seems to neurological based on ghe history

Detailed Answer:
It sems to be neurological only. Bumps on the back of head is a new finding. You never told about it. Need to see if it from the scalp or skull? This needs to be examined. At least consult a physician yo get an idea whats going on. Exam part is essential in diagnosing the neurological problem. Thanks.