Arm feels weak and agitated, restless leg syndrome. Anxiety attack. Chest tightens by armpit.

My left arm feels very weak and agitated all the time much like restless leg syndrome.It causes me to become anxious and I end up having an anxiety attack.What is wrong with my arm.Started a few weeks ago.Also chest tightens up onleft side by armpit as well.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later

The description of your symptoms points towards anxiety disorder. It is not likely to be due to a specific pathology in your arm. Associated tightening of chest is further suggestive of an anxiety disorder.

To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1. Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2. Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3. Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4. Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.

You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation. Simultaneously he can also rule out other pathologies as well.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.