Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to abort after consuming the pill ?

is there any side effects while using abortion pills. my pregancy is 5 week
my first baby have 3 years
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Follow-up: Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to abort after consuming the pill ? 8 minutes later
how many days will take to abort after taking the pill? is there any necessity to admit in the hospital
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Using the abortion pills that is, Mifepristone and misoprostol for early pregnancy abortion is being commonly used now a day but it has got three main problems.

First is there is usually heavy bleeding associated with its use along with abdominal cramps and the bleeding might even continue for 40-45 days.

Second comparatively uncommon one is incomplete abortion in which case you might have to undergo D&C.Precaution is - Do not breast feed your baby after taking this tablets at least for six months.

Third is do not try to conceive your next baby for at least next six months as there are high chances of missed abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.