Are profuse sweating and severe joint pain symptoms of hypothyroidism?

I recently had mri and showed micro pituatory tumor. I have also developed thyroiditis and hypothyroid neg hashimotos. Nml tsh low t4. In addition to this i had a slightly elevated 24 hour urine for cortisol and i am now being worked up forcushings( not on any steroids) . My symptoms are profuse sweating severe joint pain all over especially upon awakening. I am taking synthroid and armour. Can this be a symptom of thyroid? Cushings? Or medication side effect?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pituitary/Thyroid Detailed Answer: May I know your age and gender please. When you say 'neg hashimotos' are you implying that TPO and/ or TG antibodies were checked in the blood and they were negative? It is tricky to analyze TSH and free T4 in the concurrent situation of thyroiditis and micro adenoma in the pituitary. Further tests will help us understand this better: CBC ESR Thyroglobulin TSH Free T4 Total T4 Total T3 T3 resin uptake 8 am cortisol IGF1 Midnight salivary cortisol If you are male: then FSH , LH and Total Testosterone If you are female and your cycles are not regular, then : FSH LH and Estradiol Armour thyroid is not recommended for the treatment of hypothyroidism.
Follow-up: Are profuse sweating and severe joint pain symptoms of hypothyroidism? 14 hours later
Why isnt armour recommended?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Unsafe Detailed Answer: It is deemed unsafe by expert guidelines. It is made from animal thyroid extracts which have varying amounts of T3 and T4 hormones. However, T4 alone is sufficient for the treatment of hypothyroidism as the body converts T4 to T3 inside the cells based on it's needs. T4 is available as Levothyroxine