Are patient's symptoms related to stroke or migraine?

Hi again...I am not satisfied with the question I asked earlier : ( The Doctor that responded said my husband might have migraines. This is not the case with him!!! I think he might have symptoms of a stroke or something else but I asked what kind of doctor we should see.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: A neurologist or emergency medicine specialist... Detailed Answer: Hi, Migraine is a condition that is diagnosed clinically. There are no tests that confirms the diagnosis of migraine. If the symptoms and characteristics of pain does not match those of migraine it is important to undergo specific tests to rule out other organic pathology. Brain scan is the important test in such cases. At this instant if he is in severe pain, I would urge you to visit the ER doctors who should proceed to investigate immediately. If he isn't in distress now, you can ask for a neurologist reference. I might be able to assist you further if you can describe his symptoms those that you are concerned about. I would also need details about his past medical illness, his treatment history and his personal habits. Hope this helped you. Feel free to ask for clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Are patient's symptoms related to stroke or migraine? 8 hours later
Well, that is more of what I expected :) Thank you...I will get more information to you later today. Thanks a bunch...XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer: I will wait for more information... Detailed Answer: I am glad I was up to your expectation. I shall get back after you provide the necessary information. Take care