Are bumps, lumps and tightness in my calves related to a blood clot?

I have bumps and lumps and tightness n my calves does it have to do with a blood clot?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Bumps and lumps with tightness in calves can be due to-

1. Calf muscle strain and tear - Usually due to overwork and overstretching of the muscles. Recent increase in leg exercises may cause these. Gradual increase in exercise and pain killers with mild symptoms.

2. Prolonged intake of hormonal therapy like oral pills or HRT might cause this.

3. Muscle ischaemia- associated with diabetes usually. There is acute pain associated with it.

4. XXXXXXX vein thrombosis- comes last among the list of probable diagnosis.

You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.

Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.