Applied hair removal to genital area. Have burning in labia and clitoris. Applied neosprine and vaseline. Suggest?

I did a silly thing ans applied XXXXXXX hair removal to by genital area...caused a burn to the labia and clitoris. I have since cleaned it with saline solution (antibacterial) and applied neosporine and vaseline. It burns when I pee and am concerned about how long this will take to heal and if I can take anything for the burn when peeing. Also, should I apply iodine to the burned area to help dry out?

Could you pls advice?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have developed an irritant reaction.

Detailed Answer:
Due to use of a hair removal cream over genital area which is quite sensitive, you have developed irritant dermatitis.
Now to treat the same, please apply a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone cream or fluticasone cream twice in a day. This would heal the area and resolve burning sensation too. With in few days the area would heal completely

Apart from this , avoid application of soap, iodine, Vaseline , neosporine etc as it may irritate the area further.

Hope this answered your query.