Any side effects of lactogen intake in babies?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
hello sir... i m using nipple sheild for bresat feeding... the milk is not enough for my baby.... my doctor recommends lactogen milk.. is it good for baby??? is there any disadvantage in lactogen? may i give?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its safe and good Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. You can give lactogen . It's safe and will not do any harm. But give only after feeding your feed if baby is not fully satisfied. Give once or twice initially. Once your feeding improves try to stop it. Regards Dr Arun