Any risk of STD or HIV despite having protected sex?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I visited a Redlight district in Belgium last week. It was very clean and I had protected oral and vaginal sex. Even though I wore a condom, I still am worried about getting something. Should I be worried or should I relax? Thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Transmission of sexually transmitted infections Detailed Answer: Hello, I had gone through your history and understand your concern. As you have used condom for both vaginal and oral sex, definitely you are at the safer side. The barrier method used by you during the sexual act protects you even if the female partner had any sexually transmitted infection (STIs) and HIV. Cleanliness of the environment is only an ambiance for the sexual act it doesn't have any role in transmission of HIV, because HIV virus can not survive for a seconds in the environment as it is very sensitive to oxygen. Nothing to worry as you have taken all personal protection method before indulging in the sexual act either oral or anal or vaginal it has protected you against all STIs and HIV. Just relax you are safe from these infections. If you have any query feel free to post them. Thank you.