Any remedy for grey hair? Can I control or reduce it?

Hi, Is there any solution for grey hair? Can I controll or reduce it? Let me know your recommndation. My age is 32. Please let me know if you need any further information. Regard/Debashis
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

The most important cause for premature graying of hair is genetic or hereditary factors. Hair turns white due to lack of pigmentation and melanin.

Other important causes are malnutrition and a diet deficient in vit B , smoking ,thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition of the scalp, drying it with an electric dryer and use of hair colors.

If the cause is genetic then very little can be done for the hair that have already turned gray, but if the cause is dietary then taking healthy nutritious diet and vitamin B supplements may help.

Indulge in relaxation and meditate to avoid stress and avoid smoking if you smoke.

Keep the hair clean by using a mild shampoo like mildy shampoo and use warm water for rinsing hair.
Hot water should not be used.

These methods may help in preventing further graying of hair. Hair that have lost pigmentation need to be colored by hair dyes or hair colors.

Also you can
1.Take multivitamin tablet in ZINC ,Amino acids like cysteine, methionine, arginine,protiens and BIOTIN.

2. Have a nutritious diet leafy vegetables,fruits, have more of salads, and prefer them raw,they are XXXXXXX in antioxidants and fight premature graying.

3. Daily physical activity, meditation , yoga, etc will reduce stress and keep you healthy.Avoid tea , coffee ,smoking and aerated drinks.

4.Drink lots of water and fruit juices, they will hydrate your skin and hair.

Hope this answers your query. If you have follow up queries , do not hesitate to write back.

Wish you good health.