Any chances of HIV after protected sex with a sex worker?

hello doctor i recently had protected sex with a prostitute and since then have been worried of hiv. my question is should i go get tested considering the fact that the condom did not break and i am a hypochondriac, based on other experiences? i don't want to further fuel my mental illness
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go ahead and test... Detailed Answer: Hi, Condom and other forms of barrier provide sufficient protection against HIV and sexually transmitted infection. Old studies have shown us that the protection rate is up to 99%. Therefore I do not suspect HIV in any individual who had protected and safe intercourse. You are definitely very safe from HIV. Go ahead with confidence and test for HIV as HIV thought is affecting your daily life. A negative result will put all your fears to rest and provide you the much needed peace. Hope this helps. I will be glad to answer any other questions that you may have on this subject. Regards