Anal sex, latex condom, blood at head of condom, p.e.p pill

ENT Specialist
Im a 28yr old male that had anal sex with a male for the first time. I was the top. I had sex with a latex condom and it didn't break for ten mins. There was blood at the head of condom. I've been worried sick and thinking about getting the p.e.p pill.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 52 minutes later

Thanks for the query

According to the information provided by you, during the act of sodomy you have noticed blood stains over the condoms but no tear, then it that case, the blood could be from the traumatized anus of your partner. Hope, there was no blood seen on the inner surface of the condom (as you have not provided any information regarding this in your query).

Presuming your partner to be having HIV infection, the probability of transmission of HIV virus through an intact condom is almost not possible and thus the chances of you acquiring the infection are also less.

The generalized weakness could be of various other reasons for which you require a thorough medical check-up. If you still suspect of having HIV infection, you can get the HIV screening tests such as ELISA test for HIV-1 and HIV-2, as well as a nucleic acid test done in the nearby medical centre. No need to worry, do not mess up things by taking unnecessary pills. Take regular wholesome food and consult a good physician, you will be alright.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar