Always having optical migraines and left eye is completely blind. Severely nauseous, headaches and dizziness. Suggest the cure?

Hello! I am having a couple of issues, one is with my vision. I have always had optical migraines but this time my left eye will go completely blind or a deep grey "fog", I have seen my eye doctor and she said it was fine but I am still worried because I'm starting to not be able to decipher between colors.
My second dilemma is that I have been getting severely nauseous, sudden headaches and dizziness.
I don't know what to do but I am healthy, physically fit wise.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Life style modification,drugs.Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

1. Optical migraine presents with different symptoms like flashing lights, blind spots in your field of vision, blindness in the eye, blurring, pain, color blinding etc, and the cause may be due to spasms in blood vessels in the retina. Severe nausea, sudden headaches and dizziness are all common in migraine.
The both issues you are facing is due to migraine.

2. With this prevention is better. You need to avoid any stressful situation that usually precedes the attack, have adequate sound sleep (continuous 8 hour sleep), have plenty of fluids and fruits and do regular out door exercises. You can practice pranayama / yoga.Your mental and physical health should be good. These will help in reducing the frequency of attacks.

3. Once you got any aura, then it is best treated with Ergot alkaloids with caffeine. The best medication amongst is ergotamine. You can use cold compression/ice wraps during the attack to reduce the severity. For established pain / symptoms you can take triptans (like sumatriptan). There are different combinations available for managing and based on the severity.

4. I advice you to visit your nearest doctor to get complete examination (slit lamp, refraction and retinoscopy) and formulate the dose needed for your problem.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.