Allergic to cotton inner wear. Have itching when wear them. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
hi. how are you? is it possible to be allergic to cotton? I wear cotton bras at times and today i wore one and i realized that i feel much better when i'm not wearing one. i also itch a bit when i wear a cotton bra. the problem is that i don't feel comfortable with regular bras either so i switched to cotton bras and i'm getting this reaction.

Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Allergy, detergent, XXXXXXX sweat, pressure.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Your allergy may be due to a detergent, elastic (latex), XXXXXXX metal or plastic, anti-slip strips, sweat, pressure (such as an ill fitting bra).

2. The exact location of the of the itch and discomfort may help in determining the cause.

3. There is no cure for allergy. However with avoidance and medications, it may be controlled.

4. Allergy to pure cotton is rare and hence the exact composition of the material used in the garments is necessary.

5, A review of your medical and medication history is advised.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.