All lymph nodes swollen. Get nauseous and dizzy. Throat feels sore. Suffer panic attacks. On Nexium.

All my lymph nodes are swollen, my food wont go down. when I stand I get nauseous and dizzy. I feel like I have an anvil on my chest and my throat is not sore but its a bearable raw. I suffer from panic attacks so my drs say its in my head. Im on Nexium, and I still get terrible stomach aches as well.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its a upper respiratory tract infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Your symptoms of
Raw throat
Painful and enlarged lymphnodes
Pain in throat while swallowing
Dizzy and weak

All these suggest that you have an upper respiratory tract infection. This has mostly nothing to do with your panic attacks or acidity. Some times a gastro esophageal reflux disease can cause these symptoms.

Coming to URI, most of them are viral and all you need to do is voice rest, warm saline gargles, plenty of water, rest, paracetamol, cetrizine. These steps will help you with the URI. If the symptoms persist then you should plan to start an antibiotics.

Regarding your panic attacks, escitalopram or paroxetine are good drugs for panic attacks. Also cognitive behavaioural therapy is useful.
Regarding you acidity problem if nexium is not being useful then you can try ather options such as ranitidine or pantoprazole. Should stick to bland diet.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.