Alcoholic. Experiencing chest pain. Blood test showed elevated levels of cpk. Related?

My son is 25 years old and has a drinking problem (which is mostly on the weekends). We have been trying to get him into treatment with not much success. He has been ill for the past two weeks with some chest pain and a blood test has shown elevated levels of ck. Could this be related to his drinking problem? Note, that during the week he has a hard phsical job and tries to stay in athletic condition for his soccer team, by running in the cold and pushing his body hard physically. It is like he is trying to live both worlds. I am concerned that he needs to let his doctor know about his lifestyle more clearly.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 31 minutes later

Can you send over the reports if you have access to it ? RAISED CPK with chest pain is significant... has an ECG been done ? What does the report say ? Can you send over the ECG if you can.

He needs to quit alcohol and reduce his strain for a while... you surely need to discuss this with his doctor. Binge drinking ... is equally harmful as regular alcohol intake.

Hope this was helpful. If you send your reports I can help you even more

Dr. Om lakhani. MD