Alcohol addiction. Medication for liver damage?

Dear sir

I am regular drinker from last five year so kindily suggest me some good medsion which is useful to save my liver
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Idris Shariff 23 minutes later

First of all I would like to congratulate you on having thought of seeking help for your drinking habit.

You are absolutely right that your liver bears the brunt of your drinking; which tells me that you are aware of its hazards.

It’s ideal to moderate it to safer levels of drinking.

Before we embark on tackling this issue, I would like to know some details from you in order to help you in a better way.

1. I need to know your age.
2. The kind of drinks you take.
3. The amount per week.
4. The time period since when you started drinking regularly.
5. Any medical problems in the past or present.
6. Your weight and height.

To give any amount of concrete, workable guidance I would need to know these details.

Please be informed that it is unethical to prescribe medication without a physical examination. I would advise you to look for "Alcoholics Anonymous" at their helpline 91-22-2301 6767, they are a support group who could help you in your endeavor by trying to keep you committed to your decision.

Also seeing your doctor regarding this could be a reasonable decision; the doctor could examine you and maybe consider the medication depending on what is required after a complete medical evaluation.

Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards,