After birth control, have facial problem on mouth and chin. Are they razor burn?

My wife has had a facial skin problem for about 7 years now after she first started taking a form of birth control, the area is mainly her chin and about her mouth and under her chin going down to her throat, It appears to me to be bad Razor burns but doctors have said it wasn't Razor burns but can't clarify what it was. If I could send some pictures of her chin area, It would certainly be more useful than just saying what it is like, and also at first there was orangish type liquid that would ooze out of spots of her chin every morning also, but it hasnt for years now.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I saw the pic you attached.

This appears to be a dermatitic process.

The possibilities are irritation due to razor/hair removal creams, or perioral dermatitis.

Please attach a few more pics for me to get a better understanding.

We will move on to the treatment part once i am reasonably sure of the diagnosis.

Attach pics of the front and right profile of the face.

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: After birth control, have facial problem on mouth and chin. Are they razor burn? 5 hours later
i have uploaded two more angles of her chin area, it seems the worse her chin area is when she wakes up in the morning, she says she shaves it because the hair always grows out stubs of hair on the front of her chin area, mostly the right side.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 12 minutes later
thanks for the pictures.

This indeed looks life an irritant reaction to either the razor or the cream she may be applying before shaving.

At present she may apply hydrocortisone cream once daily at night for 15 days. This will give her adequate relief,

In the future she must refrain from shaving.

She may get a laser hair reduction done which is a much safer and long term hair reduction tool than shaving.

We must also evaluate the cause of her facial growth.

it may be because of hormonal imbalance.

You may get her hormone levels checked and see a gynaecologist.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Please close the query if you are satisfied.

Follow-up: After birth control, have facial problem on mouth and chin. Are they razor burn? 13 minutes later
ahh yes, sorry about this but i also forgot to mention she had her Hormones checked and she said her Estrogen lvl was lower than normal, her Testosterone lvl was higher than normal, and her HMO lvl was twice as high as normal also, and she will be doing laser treatment starting next month. Thanks for all the help :)
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 minutes later
Thank you.

She should also contemplate hormonal treatment along with LASER for best results.