Afraid to go out because of murderers and very anxious. Suggest treatment

This is for my Friend. He is 24 years old. He is afraid to go to sleep at night because he afraid of someone breaking in. He afraid to walk anywhere outside by himself because of murderers He afraid of watching the news because he scared of finding something else to be afraid of. he freak out when his parents works a little bit later than usual because he think something happened to them. he feel safe when he is with his mom or dad. .He is very anxious. And also he is feeling for his college day mistakes will affect him now.... Please help him.......
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: seems like Obsessive disorder Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry about your friend's current health status. It seems like he is suffering from a kind of obsessive disorder. The thoughts of delusion and persecution are occurring to him. This may be XXXXXXX if it continues for long time. I would suggest that he seeks the help of a psychiatrist at the earliest. He needs repeated counselling sessions, and talks about things that make him scared. With several sessions like these, and along with medications, he should be able to recover soon. Please follow my suggestions to prevent untoward complications in future. Regards,
Follow-up: Afraid to go out because of murderers and very anxious. Suggest treatment 6 minutes later
He is not ready to XXXXXXX any psychiatrist because it means like he is having mental disorder.I have already suggested him to XXXXXXX Please suggest me an idea.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: request for a call Detailed Answer: Hi, In such a case, at least request for a call from Counsellor from XXXXXXX portal. A psychiatrist would be able to speak to your friend over the phone itself and try to help him. You can raise a request for "counsellor call" from your dashboard on XXXXXXX Or write to YYYY@YYYY Somebody has to talk to your friend to make him understand his condition and to be able to help him. If he is not willing to seek help, it would be XXXXXXX for him. Please speak to his parents, his close friends or relatives, and get him to see a psychiatrist. I have tried my best to help your friend. Regards,