Advise treatment for fatty liver, dyslipidemia and alcoholic liver disease?

Endocrinologist
Question
sir my SGPT -89 and SGOT - 48 . I am not using liquor from past 22 days and i have fatty liver also. My lipid profile results - Total - 279 , Trig - 272 , HDL -28, LDL /207 ..please advise what treatment i have to take
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Start with statins. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, You have fatty liver, dyslipidemia and alcoholic liver disease as well. so first is absolute alcohol abstinence, second is to start with statin, may be atorvastatin 40 mg every night for 12 weeks is the first thing to start with. recheck your lipid profile after 12 weeks and let me know. avoid fatty food, white flour (maida) and sweets, juices, soft drinks. start regular walking or some exercise. Regards!

Follow-up: Advise treatment for fatty liver, dyslipidemia and alcoholic liver disease? 34 minutes later
alchoholic liver disease ? is this is curable..What to actions have to take to clear all things.

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: abstinence from alcohol. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, alcohol liver Disease is a reversible condition in the initial phase, what you need is to stop alcohol absolutely and start the medicine i suggested and retest your liver profile and lipid profile after 12 weeks. then you can post your reports again to me. Regards!

Follow-up: Advise treatment for fatty liver, dyslipidemia and alcoholic liver disease? 5 minutes later
atorvastatin 40 mg every night for 12 weeks . ANy other medicine for Liver disease or this medicine only.if statin used any damage further to liver

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Statins are safe. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, no specific medicine to improve liver functions, statins are safe for liver . please use them and reconfirm your status after 12 weeks. Regards!