Advise the dosage of mifegest and misoprost to terminate the pregnancy

May 2013
i have concieved but dont want to keep it.please advise me the dosage of mifegest and misoprost and the interval in which to be taken to terminate the pregnancy
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

Before taking the pills for abortion you have to consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy is a condition where the gestational sac occurs outside the uterus usually in fallopian tubes.
If you take the tablets without confirming the site and gestational age, problems like:
Rupture of the ectopic pregnancy.
Incomplete abortion in case of gestational age above 8 weeks etc can occur.
So to prevent these once confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and gestational age, then think about abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.