Addicted to smoking. Not having proper erection. Looking for suggestion

Dec 2014

I am 30 years old unmarried.i am addicted smoking cigaratte since 10 years and my pensis is not going to erect from 2-3 please give me advice.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 45 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are 30 years and addicted to smoking for about 10 years. You have problem of inability to have proper erection in penis for 2-3 years. There is no significant past history.

First of all I would like to know few things-
-- Whether you are having poor erection or no erection at all?
-- If you have early morning spontaneous erection while sleeping?
-- Whether you have desire of sex?
-- Are you able to achieve orgasm?

You can tell me in follow up question so that your more doubts can be solved.

Now coming to your problem-
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem in smokers. Many studies has reported that smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction. So my first advise to you is to make your mind to quit smoking because problem will worsen if you will not stop smoking. Smoking causes deposition of plaques on blood vessels and damage them which causes erectile dysfunction.

You should also get your blood investigations done. Diabetes, increased cholesterol may be a cause of erectile dysfunction. So blood sugar, blood lipids and liver function tests should be done.
In a lot of persons just Psychological stress may be a cause of such problem. You can try relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation for that.

Various medicine are useful in erectile dysfunction-
- Medicines like Sildenafil, Tadalafil have very good results in young patients.
- Herbal medicines like Tantax forte are also very useful to increase libido.
- Antidepressant medicine like Bupropion, Mirtazepine, Trazodone can be used to relieve stress and they have proven effects of increasing libido and increasing erection.

Also daily exercise will help to improve testosterone and will increase the libido in you.

Hope I cleared your doubt, If you have more queries you can ask again in follow up.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi MD
(Consultant Psychiatrist)