Ask a Urologist   »  

Addicted to masturbation. Noticed wrinkle, scale, white spots and dryness on penis. Due to applying lotion?

Dermatologist
Question
my name is XXXXXXX i had been aggressively master bating for awhile back, quit for a month now my penis was inflamed and dry so i started applying lotion to my penis anyways two weeks later the skin on my head started to wrinkle and scale then eventually certain spots of my penis was losing color becoming white and is very dry and red i went to a dermatologists and he said i have dermatitis and to leave it alone well its now been a week and a half and my penis is dry and insensitive thought i am able to achieve an erection will i ever regain sensitivity and a normal penis again i really want to have a relationship and eventually a family one day your feedback will be greatly appreciated i am a 19 year male healthy and haven't been sexually active for 2 and half nows got a std i have nothing thank you very much
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 52 minutes later
Wrinkle and scale with white spots and is dryness are all suggestive of steroid induced atrophy.
I think the lotion you are using contains steroid, if it is correct you must stop using that lotion.
Just check the contents of lotion once, or else let me know the name of the lotion, I will tell you the contents.
To prevent dryness and help your skin regenerate, apply plain Vaseline (PETROLEUM JELLY), this will be sufficient. there is no need to apply any other lotion.
I would like to see how the lesion is, kindly attach a photograph of the lesion.
I think you have attached a wrong photograph.

Psoriasis can be a cause of your symptoms, but it is highly unlikely that only lesion on glans is seen without any skin lesions.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you

Follow-up: Addicted to masturbation. Noticed wrinkle, scale, white spots and dryness on penis. Due to applying lotion? 9 minutes later
i appreciate your feedback what is your opinion on applying olive oil and will this reduce the wrinkling effect
i will only apply petrol jelly will this in turn resore my penis to its former glory and at least some sensitivity

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 54 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
Please dont apply olive oil, I have seen cases where there has been reaction with olive oil.
Just petroleum jelly will be sufficient.
Ya you will get back the normal skin and sensation, but it will take around a month time.
Thank you

Follow-up: Addicted to masturbation. Noticed wrinkle, scale, white spots and dryness on penis. Due to applying lotion? 2 minutes later
thank you very much sir many thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 minute later
You are most welcome XXXXXXX
If you are happy with the discussion kindly rate it before closing.
Thank you