Addicted to masturbation. How to stop this?

Jul 2016

how to stop masturbation habit ?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been indulging in masturbation since 6 years.

Masturbation is a normal act of human being to get sexual satisfaction without a female partner and it is not abnormal or wrong at all.

First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual and other problems. But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientificaly that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body. All the problems that you are facing now are mind-related and due to anxiety. Following measures will help to boost up your level of confidence and allay anxiety and there by improve your performance,

1) Practice moderate exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 hour.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vitamins A,C,E,D.fruits and vegetables .
3) Avoid alcohol and smoking .
4)Take some anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.

Please do not worry at all and concentrate your energy on study and to built up your carrier.

You may consult qualified Psychiatrist for counselling.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Addicted to masturbation. How to stop this? 6 hours later
thank you sir for your kindly answers and suggestion.
1) how can I make myself relax for these facts you are saying sir ? I mean "masturbation is not abnormal" , can you please share any forum or other things with me to study ?
2) Should I continue it or if I could , stop it ?
3) do you suggest me to do sex instead of masturbation or not ?
4) and I heard that energy consumed by masturbation is 30 times more than a normal sex , what do you say about this sir ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.

By making a statement, that masturbation is not abnormal is a general scientific observation and does not mean that I am advocating it to do it.

You can certainly do it provided it does not distract your mind and harm your study, which should be your priority at this age.

Consult qualified Psychiatrist for counseling. He will guide you how to relax by various relaxing techniques.
If you read my comments carefully, I have not suggested you to do sex instead of masturbation.

As regards your statement about energy consumption in masturbation, I do not have any knowledge about this.

Thanks and Regards.

Follow-up: Addicted to masturbation. How to stop this? 16 minutes later
thank you sir
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
You are welcome.
Please concentrate on your study.
Best of luck and lots of Best wishes.