Addicted to masturbating. Few bumps appeared on penis. Any cure?

Question
I've been masturbating excessively lately and a few bumps popped up in two different spots but im puzzled because i havent had sex recently
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later

It is likely that you have a skin infection. During masturbation, it is possible to sustain small cracks on the skin through which bacteria present on the skin can penetrate causing an infection. This usually will manifests as localized infections causing furuncles (boils) in areas with hair or impetigo.

You will need to get an antiseptic to clean the areas with the bumps twice daily, antibiotics use will not be needed unless the bumps are becoming bigger or you start developing a fever.

Masturbation has no adverse effects on your system; however excessive masturbation can lead to addiction which might result to

-frequent stay in bed rooms,
-frequent touching of genitals consciously or unconsciously and even in the public -reduce sexual response to opposite sex etc.

A good way of cutting this would be by getting a partner,getting yourself busy, avoiding being lonely or avoiding pornographic films. However, a strong will is required.

Hope, I have answered your query.

If you do have further clarifications or questions, I will be ready to help.

Best regards,

Follow-up: Addicted to masturbating. Few bumps appeared on penis. Any cure? 29 minutes later
Yes but the area where the bumps came up at are on the penis not on the head but the middle of my penis on both sides

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 28 minutes later

Thanks again writing back.

The only tangible reason that could explain the bumps is that they develop from small cracks that you sustained following the masturbation and the body of the penis is the most probable area for traumatic lesions during masturbation.

However, you do not need to be scared as its only a benign condition and will be over before you know it. Just use an antiseptic twice daily to clean, stop the masturbation at least for a while and watch out if the sizes of the bumps are getting bigger or the bumps turn into wounds or you develop a fever, antibiotics will be needed then.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you do not have further queries, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.

Best regards,