Acute neck pain,ear and back pain,fever,pressure

Question
MY NAME IS XXXXXXX
MY AGE IS 34
MY HEIGHT IS 5.6 INCH
MY WEIGHT IS 75 KG
MY PROBLEM IS I AM SUFFERING FOR ACUTE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE OF MY NECK ,I FEEL PAIN WHEN I PUT PRESSURE ON RIGHT SIDE OF NECK ,THE PAIN IS TILL MY RIGHT EAR AND IS ALSO IN MY BACK SIDE . I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM LIGHT FEVER .I HADE SAME PROBLEM 6 YEAR BACK ,THAT TIME DR GUTAM KAUND WHO PRECTICE IN GUWHATI TREATED ME ,BUT I DONT HAVE THOSE MEDICAL RECORDS ,I JUST REMEMER HE GAVE ME ANTIBIOTIC THATS ALL.PLEASE HELP
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

Pain on right side of the neck may be due to -

1) Neck muscle spasm- due to overuse or injury. Needs muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside along with pain killers for relief under guidance of an orthopaedician.

2)Middle ear infection- ASOM- needs an examination by ENT surgeon for diagnosis. Only broad spectrum antibiotics along with antiinflammatory drugs will help.

3)Cervical spondylosis- An X-ray of the neck will help in diagnosis.

4)Swollen neck glands due to any infection of head and neck.

5) Dental pain- sometimes is referred to the neck.

In my opinion you do need to consult an orthopaedician first followed by an ENT surgeon to reach a diagnosis after proper investigations.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.