Acne scars on face, had acne in teenage. How to remove or suppress scars?

Hi, I was having acne in my face during my teen I am 26..And I dont have any acne now, but it left my face with acne scars..It makes my face looks very dull and unhealthy..Please advise me on how to remove/suppress it..Many thanks
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Acne scars are quite disturbing and are difficult to treat. And from my clinical experience no cream or medication can take care of the scars. The only option treating acne scars is with Lasers.

Fractional lasers - Carbon dioxide or erbium yag are the prefered choices. One has to go with repeated sittings of the lasers and there is visible improvement with each sitting.
We call the process as fractional resurfacing.

A competent dermatologist can help you through this procedure.

I hope this answer is both helpful and useful to you. Let me know if you have any other query.
Please accept the query and close the discussion if all your queries are answered.

Dr.Rohit Batra