Acne on scalp, itching, had dandruff, have gastric problem & heavy stomach. Ayurvedic medication?

Hi, I am facing an allergic problem. I have acne on my entire head. I keep itching my head through the day. Hair fall also started. Actually I had dandruff problem for long times (4-5 years approx). I used to try anti dandruff shampoo. But for last 1 year, it become tendency of acne on my head. Once I took medicine for this. For 1 months acne did not grow but after that they started again.
For last 2-3 months, I am also facing gastric problem. My stomach always keeps heavy. I take approx 3-4 glass every morning.
Please suggest me any ayurvedic medicine for me.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Scalp acne are mainly caused by hormonal fluctuations in the body causing excessive oil production. Scalp folliculitis, poor hygiene conditions, inadequate diet requirements, heredity, seasonal changes, sun exposure and high stress levels may also be responsible for these. For treatment-
1)Clean your scalp with a product which contains salicylic acid with the help of a cotton ball or wool.
2)Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair more frequently.
3)For mild acne on the scalp, shampoo regularly with a shampoo for oily hair.
4)Anti dandruff shampoos like ketoconazole or ciclopirox when used with an effective conditioner, act a good acne scalp shampoo.
5)Sometimes medications like oral antibiotics, oral topical steroids and topical antibiotics are also needed. You can get these prescribed from your dermartologist after proper examination.
For heaviness in the stomach, digestive ezymes and avoiding oily and spicy food will help you.
For specific treatments in ayurveda, i suggest you to consult a specialist as proper treatment needs a detailed examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.