Acne on eyes, nose and upper cheeks. Solution?

good afternoon!
I am having acne on my face just below the eyes & nose & upper cheeks
these are white coloured & there is no change in size as well from last 1 year or more
want some solution to remove them
pls help
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 47 minutes later

Thank you for submitting your query.

Your history suggests that you most probably may be suffering from Whiteheads or Closed Comedones. These are hair follicles that are filled with plugs of sebum and sloughed-off cells, since the air cannot reach the closed follicles, the material is not oxidized, and remains white.

I would recommend you to get a opinion from a qualified dermatologist who after a thorough physical examination will confirm it. The customary treatment for closed comedones includes applying topical creams containing Benzoyl Peroxide, Tretinoin and topical antibiotics.

In the meantime, cleanse your face with facial scrub or mild soap to remove excess sebum and dead skin cells. Excessive scrubbing will not help you and do not use oil based creams. Drink plenty of water and avoid stress.

Hope this answers your query.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.