Acidity, constipation. On ayurvedic medication and pantop40. History of stomach ulcers. How can I treat my acidity?

i am 30+, was found tiny alcer in the year of 2009 and suggested to take Pantop40 for 45 days and that was completed but still i am facing some acidity problem and also suffering from Constipation from last 1 yr. Though i am having some ayurvedic medicine but do i need to take extra caution for good health?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

Acidity means different to different people and hence you have to be more specific and discriptive. Also describe what do you mean by constipation?

Gastric ulcer are usually secondary to a bacterial infection called helicobacter pylori and unless you treat it there is always a risk of recurrence of ulcer, abdominal pain and bloating.

Further, reflux disease is one of the causes of persistent or recurrent problems and usually manifests as retrosternal burning pain, nausea and sometimes painful swallowing.

I will be able to suggest further after you provide me with the above stated information.

Awaiting your response.