About a month and a half ago I began to

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
About a month and a half ago I began to notice redness and irritation on the tip of my penis. It was very irritated and painful. After a few days it healed up but I still have redness around the tip. This have never happened before. I have been with the same woman over a year now and we have unprotected sex with no issues. In July I was stuck by a dirty hypo at work and subsequent tests have been negative and my final 6 month test is in January. I don’t know if it’s related but just throwing it out there.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis arrived at with examination and investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
There are many causes for the redness and irritation of penis tip ranging from Non STD causes to STD causes.
Yeast infection of foreskin is quite common following a oral sex. Rule out diabetes Mallitus for you.
Blood test are being done for few STD and not for all. Certain other investigations like urine examination, smear examination are also helpful in fixing the diagnosis. oral sex carries a low risk for HIV/Syphilis.
Consult a Dermatovenereologist and get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan