About 2 months ago I had unprotected vaginal sex with

Question
About 2 months ago I had unprotected vaginal sex with Woman A. This was a one time occurance. One week later I started a new relationship with Woman B, and we are currently in a sexual relationship with unprotected vaginal and oral sex. A couple of days after my sexual encounter with Woman A, I experienced a slight burning in my penis during urination, but I sometimes get this with new sexual partners so I didn't think anything of it.

About 2 months after my first encounter with Woman A, and starting the new relationship with Woman B, i experienced heightened itching and burning in my urethra, followed by discharge one week later. I went in for an STD test which came back positive for Mycoplasma Genitalium.

My question is, is it possible that I contracted MG from Woman A? I only had sex with her one time and it seems strange that the extreme symptoms and discharge would happen 2 months later. But I was with Woman B regulary only a week after being with Woman A, and the discharge only happened within the last week. There does not seem to be much information about MG and I am not even certain that it is an STD?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mycoplasma

Detailed Answer:

Mycoplasma Genitalium is growing menace of STD's in the recent times. They originally stay in the uretha and tracts of humans as commensals but are not detectable. There were earlier least prevalant in people complaining of STD symptoms but growing technology helps in identifying them using PCR and DNA tests. The risks are same as other STD's like higher number of partners, younger age during first intercourse, having a partner with infection symptoms, coinfection with other ST bacteria like Chlamydia trachomatis.

is it possible that I contracted MG from Woman A?
== As I said earlier you have this bacterium in your body all the time, so contraction from Woman A may happen or may not happen.

I only had sex with her one time and it seems strange that the extreme symptoms and discharge would happen 2 months later. But I was with Woman B regulary only a week after being with Woman A, and the discharge only happened within the last week.
=== Your continued sexual activity with Women B would increase its numbers causing symptoms.

There does not seem to be much information about MG and I am not even certain that it is an STD?
== Earlier we used call this as Ureaplasma which is part of larger Genus called Mycoplasma. You can search for Ureaplasma and you will find information. It is part of STD's and we call them as Non Gonococcal STDs.

Hope I am clear.