Abnormal toes and fingers, lack of knuckles, albright's hereditary osteodystrophy, fibromyalgia Dx, constant pain

i have abnormal toes and fingers. On my feet the second and third toes are longer than the big toe and the third and fourth toe are very small. On my hands- my pinkie finger on my left hand is very short and doesn't have a knuckle. My fourth and fifth fingers on my right hand have dimples instead of knuckles and my fourth finger is very short. I met with a rheumatologist who thought this along with other symptoms might be significant and a sign of Albright's hereditary osteodystrphy, but then called back to say that was extremely rare and unlikely. what is your opinion. my age is 60, height 5'8 inches, 260 lbs. Have been dx previously with fibromyalgia and am in constant pain despite meds.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

The changes in your fingers that you have mentioned have they all developed recently or they are present since birth?
It is better you send a picture to me YYYY@YYYY with Sub: ATTN Dr Rakhi Tayal. This helps me a lot.
Also check at this link WWW.WWWW.WW and find out if you have any other symptoms like skin patches.
From the history that you have given it seems that this discrepancy in the size of fingers and toes is there since birth.
Slight deformity of fingers might occur due to long standing rheumatoid arthritis or in fibromyalgia but if they are there since birth then their association with Albrigt's syndrome is highly unlikely.

Regarding the persistent pain despite medicines, you need to discuss it with your Primary who will suggest you better for pain control. If not a pain specialist can take it further.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.