Abdominal pain with nausea. No difficulty in urinating. What could this be?

Hi, my friend is experiencing constant pain which varies in the lower front and back left hand side of his body. Its been like this for the past 2 days and today hes starting to feel nauseous too. He is 20yrs and is around 65kg. He said that hes been urinating fine so I dont think it to be kidney stones or appendicitis. Can u help?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that abdominal pain associated with nausea can occur in a number of conditions and just on the basis of this history it will be very difficult to predict the cause .

Just passing adequate amount of urine just not rule out renal stones . I will advise you to take your friend to a physician immediately . A USG abdomen will be necessary to rule out the exact cause . It can be appendicitis also . Until he is examined for exact location of the pain cannot be determined . Physical examination will reveal the exact site of pain and thus the underlying strucuture .

Dr. Shruti