Abdominal pain, ultrasound confirmed hydrocele. Prescribed Hetragen. What should I do now?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I have right side hydrocele since last 20 years. It was not a major problem. But for last 1yr its creating uneasiness .and liltle pain for 1 week just above right side below abdomen while moving up from sitting position or waking up from sleep. Pain is felt like in blood veins. The size of the hydrocele is not too big. Done an USG of scrotum and detected confirmed hyfrocele. dr. suggested hetragen 100 ,3 tabs daily for 20 days. Taking that medication for last 4 days. Nothing ve improved.What should i do now? What are other options except surgery? any excercise ,food habit change?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
HI

Thanks for posting your query

I have evaluated your report and I find a right sided hydrocele as you have mentioned

The pain you have mentioned is also correlated with the same and could be labelled as the dragging pain

Hetrazen would probably not help in this, for pain you may take any analgesic and the best option would be to get operated

No exercise or food change would be of any help

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Abdominal pain, ultrasound confirmed hydrocele. Prescribed Hetragen. What should I do now? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor. Do hetrazen will help to cure the hydrocele? Do I need immediate surgery? What you suggest from report?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks form posting your followup query

As I have mentioned in my reply Hetrazen will not help treat hydrocele

The surgery depends on your convenience and problem

HYdrocele is no an emergency

You can plan the surgery

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Abdominal pain, ultrasound confirmed hydrocele. Prescribed Hetragen. What should I do now? 24 hours later
Thanks a lot doctor. Shall I now stop taking hetrazen 100 now?(presently taking 3 tabs a day and continuing five days). Does it ve any adverse side effect? What is the use of this medicine?

HI

Thanks for posting your followup Query

Yes you may stop the same

There will be no side effects and it is used for Elephantiasis

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon