Abdominal pain, stools mixed with food particles, nausea. On toporol, wellbutrin. Elevated liver enzymes and cholesterol levels. Treatment for pain?

I have had some pain in my chest left side of the abdomen near the rib, also my poo with pieces of food in it. I have had a pain in my back with it, and my blood pressure is around 120 over 50.. I feel queazy and nauseated. I do not drink anymore or smoke anymore. I am a 210 lb man, stocky build w/big chest. About 6 months ago, I had a stress test because I was having anxiety and similar pains.. everything came out ok. I travel a lot to other parts of the world, and started feeling crappy when I got back from Vietnam a week ago. Similar problems to what I have been feeling before (as I explained above) but now I am nauseated.

Also, when I sleep... I would swear that my body is shutting down and I wake up gasping for breath. Almost like I am on the verge of dying in my sleep.

I am taking Toporol 25mg 1 a day
Wellbutrin 300mg 1 a day
Levothyroxin 100mcg 1 a day
Xanax as needed .25.. (I have been taking for anxiety, usually only
1 a day...)
Also, I have some skin conditions like rosacea that my doctor
prescribed 2 a day at different times of Doxycline 100mg.

I never have hurt or been sick in my life really until about 2 years ago when I got vaccinated and went to Asia. I have had my heart checked since.. and my blood test show an ALT of 111 and AST of elevated liver enzymes (maybe caused from medicine). My cholesterol was a little high with Triglycerites 290.

What could this problem be? I never took medications, now I take the ones above. I am 38 years old. Please help.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 17 hours later

Your history is suggestive of an intestinal infection or non-ulcer dyspepsia which is leading to the abdominal pain, nausea and indigestion.

I would suggest the following:
•     Take plenty of fluids, particularly Electral. Take 1 packet of Electral and dissolve it in 1 litre of water. Consume within 24 hours.
•     If the pain is severe, you can take Tablet Zantac 150 mg twice daily half an hour before meals
•     Avoid spicy and oily food
•     Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks

This would subside on its own in a few days. If your develop fever or vomiting, I would suggest you see your prescribe appropriate therapy.

I hope I have answered your question. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.