Abdominal pain, stones in bladder, rib cage pain, nodule on adrenal gland

Abdominal/Gallbladder/Rib Cage Pain
I was having abdominal pain on my right side with pain around my rib cage so my doctor ordered abdominal and pelvic ultra sounds. The results showed that I had a polyp and or gallstones on/in my gallbladder. I saw a GI MD who said he thought I had polyps on my gallbladder not gallstones and that the pain around my rib case was probably muscular-skeletal. He told me to come back in 5 years, which is what he told me in 12/11 after he removed a pre-cancerous polyp from my colon. He said to see my internist about the rib-cage pain. The pain is much improved in both my abdomen and rib cage, but still there.In 2007, I was also having abdominal pain on my lower right side and my MD order a CAT scan which showed hypo dense lesions on my liver, a nodule on my adrenal gland and dilated pelvic veins. I had a repeat CAT scan in 2008 which showed the same thing. Both times, the gallbladder findings were unremarkable.I’m wondering if any of these things could be related and if I should have another test done to confirm that there are polyps on my gallbladder rather than gallstones. Maybe see another GI MD? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 22 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

Gallbladder polyps are per se asymptomatic and the symptoms associated are either due to gallbladder dysmotility or the co-existing stones.

Polyps in the colon can be a manifesttion of polyposis syndrome (when lage number of polyps occur) which may be associated with precancerous lesions in other parts of the body. Since you had a single polyp, this seems unlikely and they may be chance associations.

You need to get the nature of the adrenal nodule and the liver lesion clarified by your radiologist.

Hope this answers your query. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.