Ask a Urologist   »  

Abdominal pain, cramps, unable to urinate completely, nausea, blood in stools. Causes ?

General Surgeon
Question
My girlfirend experienced abdominal pain/cramping (not on her period, just finished about a week ago) Yesterday all day she felt like she needed to pee was unable to except for small trickles. Twice she was able to have a better urine movement, but still not complete. She feels nauceus, but has not vomited yet. This morning after spending ten minutes on the commode, she produced a small amount of feces containing blood.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 30 minutes later

Sever cramping abdominal pain accompanied with nausea & difficulty in urination( dysuria ) and difficulty in defection can be due to many reason.Most common being some kind of infection,like appendicitis,typhlitis ( inflammation of the cecum) ,salpingitis (inflammation in the fallopian tubes) ,enteritis oopharitis (inflammation in the ovaries) & even ovarian torsion and rupture of ovarian cyst.But blood in the stool indicates amoebiasis.So she needs complete check up of blood ,urine & ultrasound of whole abdomen to find the exact cause & treat it accordingly.

Endometriosis a hormonal disorder in which lining of uterus is seen else where in the abdomen,has high tendency to recur.It is generally not completely curable. in some patient it may lead to even frozen pelvis.endometriosis can also cause such sign & symptoms.so consult a gynecologist as early as possible to diagnose & treat her appropriately .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.