Abdominal pain and pain to the left of spine. Why is this happening?

I have a pain in the lower abdomin , left of the spine.... why is this happening ?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 38 minutes later
It could definitely be your kidney's if the location of your pain is on the left flank. This pain may move towards your groin. You should see a primary doctor who can test you with a renal ultrasound to look for kidney stones, and with a urine analysis laboratory test to look for blood in the urine (suggestive of a stone) or a due musculo-skeletal reasons such as ribcage inflammation or muscle spasms. In that case. maintaining a proper posture and applying diclofenac ointment will help
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Best regards,