Abdominal pain and fever. Suspected to have endometriosis. Treatment to be done?

Infertility Specialist
Ongoing Abdominal pain now feverI have had severe lower abdominal pain for
several weeks now and I have seen multiple doctors and they think it's endometriosis. I have a diagnostic laparoscopy scheduled for a week and a half from now. But the pain is getting worse, I am developing fever, body ache and chills. My doctor said there is nothing else she can do except to give me pain meds until surgery. I am miserable. She suggested going to rhe ER if I am concerned but I have been there twice and my fever is low grade right now so I don't know if I should go there or not? What do I do?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query and I understand your concerns. It is right to have laparoscopy for suspected endometriosis. But the chronic fever and chills you are suffering needs to be diagnosed before going to laparoscopy. Hence i suggest you go to ER and get evaluated for fever.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.