Abdominal cramp when passing stool, urgency to have BM, bloody mucus in stool, nausea, bloating

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Sorry was not done

I have cramping - abdominal when passing bm
URGENCY TO HAVE A BOWL MOVEMBET EVEN IF I JUST HAD ONE
no apetite, tired fatigue
Light headeness
ostool cover with bloody mucus at times just mucus with
Always nusea's
Sometimes have an urge to BM but only mucus with bloody spots will come out accompanied with sever cramps on abdominal
BM is soft nearly to dairehea
Bloated
sever abdominal cramps
At times do feel feverish
At times body ache
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 6 hours later
Hi there.

Since when are you having change in bowel movement ?

Do you have jaundice, itching on body ?

According to the clinical history, it appears you may be suffering from dysentery. In dysentery there is passage of loose stools associated with blood and mucus. This usually results due to infection of bowels with organisms.

If this problem is there since a long time, it could be Inflammatory bowel disease which needs treatment.

Kindly follow the following instructions to get better.

Eat a bland diet XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Keep well hydrated with home-available fluids like coconut water, fresh fruit juices and WHO Oral rehydration Solution.

You need to consult your Doctor and get a thorough clinical examination, certain laboratory tests and urine and stool tests as well to find out the infection and get the right treatment.

Avoid spicy food, hot food, smoking and alcohol as dysentery can get worse with these. Was your hands well with soap and water before touching any articles or food which is being shared by anyone else in your home to avoid spreading of the infection.

You can take Paracetamol or Acetaminophen, under medical supervision for fever and body pain. Keep well hydrated to avoid dehydration and complications. Show to a Doctor as soon as possible.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Abdominal cramp when passing stool, urgency to have BM, bloody mucus in stool, nausea, bloating 12 hours later
Thank you doctor Aashish

Just to metioned i dont have diarhee my stool is soft but can be firm to at times but have sever abdominal pain

but very frequent maybe 6 times a day

I had this for 2 years and couple of months. Before the red spot on stool its was only mucus first ,,, been to GP and specialist they did test on my stool and find nothing....

The abdominal pain are very server when they hit and slowy they go quiet after a while
But thank you for the advice i will go and see another specailist tommorrow.

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 27 minutes later
Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.

The severe abdominal pain could also be because of gastritis or pancreatitis if you drink alcohol or have gall stones. This needs to be evaluated by your Doctor.

Get an ultrasound and if necessary get an Upper GI endoscopy to look for gastritis.

Kindly follow above mentioned precautions for better health and also for faster recovery.

Wishing speedy recovery.