Abdominal bloating with gas. Is bloating common in ovarian cancer?

abdominal bloating with gas (belching) excessive gas common with ovarian cancer?
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms of excessive gas and bloating are not suggestive of ovarian cancer. There may be accumulation of fluid in the abdomen causing abdominal distension in such cases.
An ultrasound of abdomen will help in detecting any ovarian masses.
The problem of gas and indigestion is mainly related to the food you consume. Dietary modifications will help in symptomatic relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.