Ask a Dentist   »  

A small crater like sore spot in far upper right gum. What to do ?

I have a sore spot in my far upper right gum (above the teeth gum.) I just discovered that its actually a small crater like hole. about the size of pen point. I've had a sore thoat for the last few days and that spot has been very sore for about 5 days. It is not a canker sore as I get those all the time and this one goes in not out.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

From the photo you have posted it seems you are having a ulcer in mouth and it is due to fungal infection (candida ablicans is the orgnism).

For treatment you need to apply a oral gel/liquid containing Clotrimazole 1% (Candid mouth paint).
It is better to take tablet of multivitamin with lactobacillus and folic acid along with the oral application.

If the infection is recurring frequently you can take a oral antifungals.

As for sore throat I guess you are taking treatment from your doctor.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Please accept this answer if you don't have any queries.