7 year old having chest pain, dizziness and shortness of breath. Was on apnea monitor and had mild tachycardia during infancy. Suggestion?

My 7 year old daughter haas been complaining of chest pain right over her heart and shortness of breath, dizziness and she says its like she can't think when it happens. This has been off and on for a few weeks but episodes don't seemto last long. She was on a apnea monitor when she was a few weeks old untill about 6 months did seem to have mild tachycardia but was told she outgrow and didn't have to return for followup
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Most often cardiac problems in childrens do present with symptoms due to secondary affections or complications like upper respiratory or lower respirator tract infections, less playfulness, easy fatiguability , weakness, syncopal attacks, breathlessness etc.Chest pain is a rarely encountered in cardiac problems , but still it can be considered a reason to rule out cardiac pathology like congenital heart malformations.

Bets way to rule out any cardiac problems in a 7 year old would be by a 2D Echocardiography.Do get the ECHO done it will provide detail insights into the symptoms your child facing.The test provides detailed the structural and functional data which helps to rule out congenital heart malformations specially in childrens.

Please do share the report with me if possible.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.