7 weeks old having white patches and dry skin. Could it be fungal infection?

my baby is 7 weeks old, she has small 2 mm and bigger 5 mm whitepatches, she has also very dry skin around her ears and when I clean these places the skin pilled off and become very white. I am woried about fungal infection or prmaybeshehas got problem with melanin production. She has teses spots foe 3-4 weeks, my GP told me to moist the skin, I am using Aqueous, for a week, but there is no change. She has also red rash on her chicks, but the red rash on chick is getting better. What shell I do? Please help
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 7 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

From your description it looks like she has something called P XXXXXXX . This condition occurs in babies with Atopic Dermatitis which is a condition where a lot of dryness of the skin is seen along with dry scaly white patches and red rash on the cheeks .
However to rule out Vitiligo it is best to see the skin under a special lamp called Woods lamp which helps differentiate the condition .

It is not fungal infection for sure as such discrete fungal infection is rare in infants .

Please show her to the Dermatologist .
Presently you can just continue with the moisturisation .

Thanks and Take care