7 month baby having peach fuzz blonde hairs on genitalia. Should I be worried?

Question
I noticed my 7 month old daughter had peach fuzz blonde hairs on her genitalia. Is it something I should be worried about?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

The hairs you described can be seen in children who are deficient in vitamins.Need not worry as it is not a serious conditions and does not cause or lead into any illness.

They do get shed on their on own when the nutritional status steps up.You also can give Multivitamin syrups for a months .This will help her get rid of the condition and also keep skin healthy.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: 7 month baby having peach fuzz blonde hairs on genitalia. Should I be worried? 38 minutes later
What vitamins would she be deficient in? What type of multivitamin should she be taking? How long will it take to shed this unwanted hair?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I apologise for not being elobrate in that aspects.

Vitamins like A , B complex and Protein like Keratin when deficient can cause such hairs to grow.

Giving her Protein powders like Nurtilite, where most of such preparations do contain the nutrients I mentioned above will help.Also Multivitamin syrups containing Bcomplex and Vit A are good .One such preparation is ZINCOVIT given 5 ml twice a day will suffice.

It does take more than a months after giving the supplements to see such hairs to disappear.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: 7 month baby having peach fuzz blonde hairs on genitalia. Should I be worried? 24 minutes later
Thank you for your specificity.. It has put my mind at ease.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using this service.