50 year old, feeling shaky after removal of breast and node due to breast cancer 16 days back. Causes ?

Hi Im a 50 year old female and 16 days ago I had my breast and nodes removed due to breast cancer. Im sleeping and eating ok but I'm feeling shaky, wht would be causing this?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

It would have been useful if you had written about the current medication as well. Are you undergoing any radiotherapy? They are potential reasons for shaking of the body.

First check the temperature and blood pressure. If they are within normal limits then it could be post operative stress.

Post operation complications diminish gradually. The stress the body underwent will remain for a month or two.

The other reasons for shaking and shivering can because of cold or perception of cold. Emotions can cause shivering of the body. It can be caused by tiredness, stress, anxiety.

Since your sleep and appetite are normal I do not think you should worry about.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.