5 year child having fever and stomch pain. Urine test done. What does the report says?

my 5 year old son has feaverand stomch pain
urine culture report says albuminp;f trace.
he is taken zenflox -100dt.
what does this report says
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 7 hours later
Thanks for posting query.
Your child urine report says there is trace of albumin (protein) present in urine.
The trace of albumin is not necessarily a sign of damage to kidney so don't worry., A transient leakiness in the kidney’s membrane can occur for several reasons such as fever, dehydration, Exposure to excessive heat or cold, etc.
As your child also has a stomach pain so probably it is a case of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Please attach the whole urine routine examination report particularly I have to see for pus cell.
Based on routine urine examination report you may have to do urine for culture sensitivity reports, blood for serum urea & creatinine (to see any sign of kidney damage).
Follow these general principals-
a.     General measures like intake of large amounts of fluids and empty the bladder frequently to prevent stasis of urine.
b.     Antibiotics (zenflox-100 dt) treatment should be usually continued for 7-10 days.
c.     An ultrasound abdomen is done to rule out any urological anomalies.

Consult your physician, tests to be done and treatment to be given based on his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
if you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review for me.
Wish your child a speedy recovery.
Dr Sourav Ganguly