5-6 weeks pregnant. Is that two soon for my first doctors appointment?

Seven weeks pregnant.. Is that two soon for my first doctors appoitnment?
Im 5-6 weeks pregnant, i made an appoitnment to see a doctor next week. Is this to soon? Thank you
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 10 days later
Brief Answer:
Good decision

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

Its a good decision to see a doctor now.As per various latest guidelines. a patient should see the doctor as soon as pregnancy is diagnosed.

This will help you in detecting any dormant medical disorder with the help of various investigations and examination which your doctor will perform. There are many disorders which can affect fetus in first 3 months of pregnancy which is the most crucial period for baby's organogenesis(formation of baby's organs).

These days,in fact, pre-conceptional counselling is also advised to avoid any complication in baby.

In short, its not too soon to see a doctor and you have made a very good decision.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: