47 years old. History of miscarriage. Chances of getting pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
I have a XXXXXXX system that have been barren for 14yrs now.she had mis-carriage two times last year,doc is there possibility she can still have baby despite she 47yrs now?Medical result few years ago shows her husband semen is not strong enough to fertilize woman ovary.Now,what treatment or medication would refer me to buy for her husband?what solution and advice will u give me concerning her condition.I love my sister and i wish she can have baby of her own,her cries and pains everyday i do feel.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 days later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand the problem your sister is going through. I am sorry about it. I will answer the question in detail. Please read carefully:

1) Your sister is 47 years old means she has almost reached the end of her fertility potential. Hence I advice following blood tests to estimate the future possibility of conception: FSH, LH, AMH. These 3 blood tests to be done on second or third day of menstrual cycle. These will tell me status of the ovarian reserve and possibility of conception by IVF.

2) Her husband's semen parameters are not mentioned in your report. Kindly email me the details so that I can suggest a remedy. If you are planning for IVF as a method of pregnancy for the couple, even bad sperms are present in her husband. So, IVF would be an ideal option in view of the age and semen analysis of husband provided above investigations of the lady are fine.

3) Please get back to me with the above reports which will help me to advice accurate treatment based on the reports.

Please get back to me with reports.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist